I am not going to lie! This is by far my best roasted leg of lamb ever!
I fear to order lamb at a restaurant, somehow I know that it is not going to be good if they are not Greek owner or if they are not Texas the Brazil. But so far, from all the places I have been, the lamb are pretty darn good! I bought this lamb last holiday, when Publix has it for $6.99 a pound. I have never cooked or roasted lamb before, but when I saw the price was fairly low, I bite the bullet and bought it.
I always like to try anything when it comes to cooking. Even in baking, knowing that I am not good at it, I still give it a try. Baking is very intimidating to me, but grilling and roasting are two of my best friends, as long as I have time.UNBELIEVABLE FIND ONLY HERE ON AMAZON
At first, I thought that I have to prepare a 24 hour marinade and then do this whole day affair preparation, before I put it in the oven or grill to roast. Nope, the ingredient list is super simple here – all you need is garlic, olive oil, fresh herbs, Dijon, salt and pepper, grill and or oven.
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Place into oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F for medium, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dish.
- At 130 degrees F or before you reach the desired temperature, you may place it on the grill at 500 degrees F, for 5 to 10 mins. flipping it back and fort.
- The char from the grill makes it extra tasty. Let it rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dish